Effective antimicrobial agent
Whether eliminating potentially harmful bacteria or fungus in water or elsewhere, silver may be the answer. To date silver has been tested on 650 bacteria, viruses, fungus and other microorganisms and none survived the encounter.
Silver is much more than for making jewellery. Silver is the world’s oldest known antimicrobial agent and has historically been used for disinfecting water and to prevent infection of wounds. It is also the best known leader of electrical currents. The ability to lead electrical currents is closely linked to the fact that silver lacks an electron in its outermost electron ring. The missing electron makes silver very eager to search for electron prey and for bacteria, viruses, fungus and yeast the electron loss is fatal. Thus, whether disinfecting water or eliminating potentially harmful bacteria or fungus, silver may be the answer.
Silver is also an important mineral for a healthy working immune system. Today’s high quality colloidal silver, which consists solely of clean, pH neutral water and silver particles a hundred times smaller than a red blood cell, may in fact be taken as a supplement to ensure that the body gets enough silver. In Europe there are no official recommendations for daily intake, however, experts suggests between 150 and 350 micrograms.